Exchange Programs

Exchange programs between the University of Guelph and other institutions are defined by the terms of formal exchange agreements. A copy of each agreement must be approved by the Associate Vice-President (Academic) and registered with the Associate Registrar, Enrolment Services.

Students participating in an exchange must first be accepted by their home university, then nominated to and accepted by the host university. Students continue to pay full-time tuition fees to their home university while on exchange but will be selecting courses from their host university. Part of the course selection and credit transfer process requires students to complete the Exchange Program Course Selection (EPCS) form, which can be found online. This form, along with the host university transcript, will be used by the students Program Counsellor and Education Abroad Advisor to transfer the credits back as a pass/fail/outstanding pass.

Informal exchange programs where a formal agreement does not exist must be conducted by means of a letter of permission and tuition fees will be paid to the receiving institution (refer to Chapter VI--Schedule of Fees).