Letter of Permission/Visiting Student

A letter of permission (LOP), allows students to take courses for credit at the University of Guelph for a specified semester(s), and transfer the credits back to their home institution for the purpose of completing an academic credential.  Applicants must complete and submit the Application for Admission as a Visiting Student and a valid Letter of Permission from their home institution. 

For details please visit https://admission.uoguelph.ca/letterofpermission/.

The Letter of Permission and Visiting Student (LOP) categories are not normally open to applicants who do not meet University of Guelph general regulations for continuation of study outlined under Continuation of Study, Undergraduate Degree Regulations, Chapter VIII of the Undergraduate Calendar and transfer requirements.

An offer of admission on the basis of Letter of Permission does not imply in any way that space will be available in the course(s) in which the applicant wishes to register. Students should contact Enrolment Services about space availability in their desired courses.